Under the advice and/or requirements of government agencies and our medical team, The SF Aloha Run for Solidarity is implementing the following policies enhancing the safety of our running community:
Packet Pick Up
● ALL packet-pickup attendees – participants, guests, staff, volunteers, and personnel are required to always wear a mask indoors at Sports Basement
● All volunteers and staff who have direct contact with participants will be required to wear a mask and gloves while interacting with runners
● Standard indoor capacity limits will apply within Sports Basement property
National Park Service property (Crissy Field) requires all runners to wear masks. The entire course takes place on National Park Service property. If you run without a mask on the course, you may be disqualified and may be subject to fines issued by National Park Service.
We have updated our Start Line process to decrease congestion and to maintain social distancing guidelines:
● Rolling start times
● Smaller wave sizes
During the race, we are updating our aid station layout and procedures to provide more socially distanced options for our runners.
● All aid station will be self-served and will consist of individual 8oz water bottles
● Participants are encouraged to bring your own hydration system – water bottles, hydration vests and packs
● All aid station volunteers and staff will be required to always wear gloves and a mask
The Finish Line flow will be adjusted to promote less congestion and a quicker exit.
● All finish line volunteers will wear gloves and mask
● Participants will take a medal that is handed to them, rather than have a volunteer place a medal on them.
● We will provide sealed water bottles and pre-packaged snacks at the back of the finish chute
● We will have sanitation stations immediately at the exit of the finish line.
● Hand sanitation stations provided throughout the festival area
● Elimination of Keiki Activities
● Elimination of in person Tot-trot
● Elimination of the awards ceremony